Orthodontic treatment helps diagnose, evaluate, and treat dental conditions of teeth. The American Association of Orthodontics recommend children visit an orthodontist by the age of seven to evaluate their dental set up which will help promote the favorable growth of the jaw and facial structure, and in turn, allow children to develop a beautiful smile
Early interceptive treatment is a treatment option that orthodontists sometimes recommend to children at an early stage in their lives. Children as young as six years old are advised to see an orthodontist to identify problems that can only be addressed while the face and jaws are growing.
What are the benefits of early interceptive treatment?
Beginning an early orthodontic evaluation doesn’t necessarily mean that children must start orthodontic treatment at a young age. It merely aims at evaluating if the child is prone to develop severe dental conditions of teeth which may, later on, require treatment.
Here are the benefits of early orthodontic treatment:
- Identifies existing orthodontic problems or ones that are likely to develop.
- Determines the best age to begin treatment, when needed.
- Prevents existing orthodontic conditions from getting worse.
- Improves growth of the jaws and teeth.
- Guides the growth of facial bones.
- Simplifies orthodontic treatment.
- Eliminates the need for invasive treatment options.
How can early interceptive treatment help your child?
Early interceptive treatment proves to be of significant advantage to children as this can help correct and improve several conditions of teeth. Here are the many dental issues that can be benefitted from early interceptive treatment.
- Resolves bite issues.
- Corrects narrow dental arches.
- Alleviates thumb sucking.
- Corrects protruded teeth.
- Avoids the need for removing permanent teeth.
Contact us today to schedule your free orthodontic consultation.